Support for Blender 2.5

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Does XAML Exporter supports Blender 2.5? Is there any problem to upgrade?
Jul 6, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Hello,

I am currently working on an addon for Blender 2.5x exporting Blender scene into WPF xaml viewport.

You'll find it on my blog:

http://www.charly-studio.com/blog/blender-2-5-wpf-xaml-exporter/

Please, do not hesitate if you encounter any problem with it or if you have any feedback. I can't promise I will make it evolve instanlty but I'll do my best to release an helpfull final version at the end!

Hope it will help! :-)

Charles HETIER

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Just tested the version from your blog with Blender 2.59  for the default scene and it works.

Can you say what is still missing,  Google Translate and french did not work very well. :-)

No problems so far, tnx for this

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Charles, I really appreciate that you are coding a new Blender xaml exporter. I have a suggestion why don't you also include animation to be exported to xaml, too. Well at least you could put it on your roadmap. Thanks anyway, I'm going to test it.

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Sorry for the delay, Actually I didin't see there had some answers to my notification. Please, do not hesitate to post comments directly on my blog, even if it is a french one, I am not against english comments at all and I will be faster to reply :-)

Hi schwarzie2478,

maybe I should handle English on my blog, at least for this post, I will think about it I promise :-)

At the moment, here are the missing features that are in my roadmap:

- UV mapping exportation

- more options (verbose, namespace in root node etc...)

I have not much time, but I will try to publish as quickly as possible a new version including these features (at least uv mapping) and some minor bug fixes that have been discovered recently.

Hi budi84,

I have also thought about exporting animation, indeed blender IPOs can match with some WPF mechanisms and this feature would be very exciting and handy. But honestly I have not planned to do it for now and I don't think that I will have the time for that. However, even if the architecture of this small peace of code is not as good as what I expected (mostly because it is my first blender script :-)), I took time to add lot of comments and I think that the code is clear enough to be understandable by a person who never developed on it, so do not hesitate if you want to fulfill it with your own features, I will be honored.